This blog post explores the compatibility between Sony’s current and previous generation gaming consoles, the PS5 and PS4, respectively. It addresses the question on many gamers’ minds: “Does PS4 controller work on PS5?”. Discover the answer to this and learn about the possibilities for using your existing controller with the next-gen console. Get ready to unlock the full potential of cross-compatibility and take your gaming experience to the next level!
The Ultimate Guide to “Does PS4 Controller on PS5?”
Yes, The PS5 is compatible with the DualShock 4 controller. It allows players to use their existing PS4 controller on the new console. However, it’s important to note that not all games may support the use of a PS4 controller on the PS5.
Additionally, while the PS4 controller can be used to play games on the PS5, it may not have full functionality, as the PS5 has its own unique controller, the DualSense, that offers new features and capabilities. The DualSense offers haptic feedback, adaptive triggers, and a built-in microphone, among other things, which are not available with the PS4 controller.
In conclusion, while it is possible to use a PS4 controller on the PS5, it may not offer the full experience that the DualSense technology provides. To take full advantage of the new capabilities and features of the PS5, it’s recommended to use the DualSense controller.
How to connect PS4 controller on PS5? Let’s Find out
- To connect a PS4 controller on PS5, follow these steps:
- Turn on your PS5 and press the “Create” button on the DualSense controller.
- Put your PS4 controller into pairing mode by pressing and holding the “Share” and “PS” buttons simultaneously until the light bar starts flashing.
- Go to the “Settings” menu on the PS5, select “Devices,” then “Bluetooth Devices“
- Select “DualShock 4 Wireless Controller” from the list of available devices and wait for the PS5 to complete the pairing process.
- Once the pairing is complete, you can use the PS4 controller on the PS5.
Note: Some games may not support the use of a PS4 controller on the PS5. To ensure full compatibility, it’s recommended to use the DualSense controller that comes with the PS5.
Share this content: